Focus of work
The award will help with the day to day operation and development of Dundee Cycling Forum. The Forum campaigns on behalf of local cyclists for better active travel infrastructure in and around Dundee and action by agencies to improve safety on the road. The Forum campaigns by developing a manifesto for local politicians to sign up to, meeting with council officers and councillors and holding campaign focused cycling events like PoP and KiddicalMass. The Forum also encourages cycling through promoting local cycling groups and through holding public participation events.
Dundee Cycling Forum’s vision is that cyclists in Dundee will have a strong voice. Their objectives are:
- to be a primary source of information for cyclists in Dundee and a focal point for cyclists
- to represent the views of functional and leisure cyclists
- to campaign for the development of comprehensive and safe cycling infrastructure throughout the city making cycling a preferred choice and creating a cycling friendly city
- to promote cycling and celebrate its lifestyle benefits
- to contribute to strategies which aspire to make their city healthy, a great place to live, work and visit and one where people of all ages have access to safe cycling.