Focus of work
Like2Bike supports children to cycle. They run Whole School Cycling (WSC) for Years 3 to 6 in four schools in Hackney, London. WSC happens at least one day a week, every week of the academic year, and includes extensive cycle training, racing, after-school club, bike loans, bike fixing and – coming soon – bike buses, which will support and encourage children’s cycling to and from school.
The Like2Bike Bus aims to:
- get children cycling consistently, increasing their independence
- give disadvantaged children an opportunity to cycle, increasing their life skills
- enhance children’s physical and mental health, improving their ability to concentrate in class
- achieve a modal shift from motor traffic to active travel
- help create safer roads around the participating schools (and to and from the schools)
- improve air quality.