Social Investment Fund
Apply for funding from FIT
Please complete and submit the application form below; this will then be reviewed by our Accounts & Social Investments Manager.
If your initial application is accepted, you will be invited to attend an investment committee meeting to make a more detailed presentation. As part of this, a budget will also be required for your venture, which can be provided as an excel workbook together with any additional supporting information. The budget should include the following:
- Key assumptions underpinning all projections
- All sources of projected income and funding
- Analysis of projected expenditure into categories
- Number of paid staff, including the hourly rate and hours to be worked
- Projected returns on the project
- Means of repaying the loan
- Monthly cashflow covering the duration of the investment applied for
- Projected balance sheet
- Key risks and uncertainties.
The investee will propose the rate of return, based on what is deemed to be fair and affordable. This will form a starting point for agreeing the terms of the loan which should be reasonable for both parties.
Please note that with each investee we agree a suitable challenge for them to undertake, which will either enhance their fundraising or build their marketing capacity. Normally the challenge will need to be completed before the investment is made.
Investees will be required to complete a due diligence questionnaire before the investment is made. Two references will also need to be provided.